News Flash

Skowhegan News

Posted on: December 26, 2023

Flood Assistance- MEMA

Individual Assistance Grant Program (IA)

Individual Assistance is a federal program that can help people recover from a disaster. Assistance may be provided to help with things like:

  • fixing damages to your house
  • rent or temporary lodging
  • replacing furniture or belongings 
  • help replace medical equipment such as wheelchairs and CPAPs

To ask for federal assistance, we must show that a lot of homes were damaged. It’s very easy to determine large scale damage in tornados or hurricanes. It is harder to show large scale damage in Maine because we don’t often have highly damaging storms. Maine is not often able to apply for Individual Assistance because it’s harder to show the damage is enough to meet the guidelines for application.

If the damage was:

  • done to your primary residence
  • your primary residence is uninsured or underinsured
  • you are a US Citizen, non-citizen national, or qualified alien
  • the damage level is major or destroyed
  • the damage did not include your seawall or shoreline, property outbuildings, fencing, or the damage is cleaning up debris in your yard

you should report the damage using the Maine Individual Damage Assessment form (link).

On this page you will find information regarding:

Additional Info...
Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Skowhegan News

FEMA update for 2/20/24

Posted on: February 20, 2024

FEMA update for 2/16/24

Posted on: February 16, 2024

2/14/24 Daily update from FEMA

Posted on: February 14, 2024

Daily update from FEMA

Posted on: February 13, 2024

update from FEMA on Flood assistance

Posted on: February 12, 2024
KVCAP Transportation

KVCAP Transportation

Posted on: January 19, 2024

DEP Assistance Questionaire

Posted on: December 27, 2023

National Farmworker Jobs Program

Posted on: July 6, 2023