What type of projects do I need a Building Permit for?
Under this newly adopted ordinance, as of July 1, 2012, Building Permits will be required from the Skowhegan Code Enforcement Office prior to the start of construction or placement of any of the following:
New Residential Construction (one and two family, including modular)
New Commercial / Multi Family Construction
Renovations Residential
Renovations Commercial / Multi Family
Garage with foundation
Utility Building no foundation
Mobile Homes (new or relocated used)
Demolition of structures (residential / commercial)
Pools (greater than 24 inches deep)

Show All Answers

1. What type of projects do I need a Building Permit for?
2. Do I need a plumbing permit?
3. Can I do my own plumbing and electrical or do I need to hire a State of Maine Licensed Plumber and Electrician?
4. How close to my property line can I build?
5. If I am planning a project in a Shoreland Zoning District do I need a permit?
6. What type of zoning does Skowhegan have?
7. What does "subdivision" mean?
8. Does the Planning Office have copies of the Flood Insurance Rate Maps?
9. Where do I need to have smoke detectors in my home?